Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Silent River and Deadly StormImage by Stuck in Customs via Flickr





























There's been a blogging storm recently over Martin Amis' famous dismissal of children's literature on the program Faulks on Fiction.

Here's what Amis said.  "People ask me if I ever thought of writing a children's book."  "If I had a serious brain injury I might well write a children's book, but otherwise the idea of being conscious of who you're directing the story to is anathema to me, because, in my view, fiction is freedom and any restraints on that are intolerable."


"I would never write about someone that forced me to write at a lower register than what I can write," he added.

Check out Patricia Storms' completely unique...and hilarious take on the whole subject. She definitely lives up to her name!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: