Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Cornellia Funke is driving me crazy


On another note, Cornellia Funke is driving me crazy. I have just finished Inkspell, the second in the triology in which characters and stories come to life. Although it is 600 plus pages, Funke leaves you wanting more. Now I have to go out and buy next book in the series because I HAVE to find out what is going to happen to Meggie and her parents not to mention if the infamous Dustfinger is going to stay dead and whether the newly arrived Orpheus, with "the voice of heaven" and the conceit of the devil will will do more damage than good since he's been read into the story by Meggie. And of course, I can't help but wonder if there is a future for the love Funke has kindled between Meggie in a world where immortality has just been granted to a tyrant who hangs musicians and works peasants to dead in his silver mines. Oh it's all too much. I'll just have to get cracking and read more. Sheryl

No comments: