Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Queen's Feet by Sarah Ellis


Today I am procrastinating yet again, only this time it is from sorting out my taxes for my accountant. I use the modified shoe box method, and must add up the various categories that she has assigned. I have piles of paper everywhere, but every time I look up, I am distracted by a book. The temptation was too much. I pulled The Queen's Feet by Sarah Ellis off the shelf, and I am immediately drawn in by the fabulous cover art. Only the quirky Sarah could come up with a story where fidgiting rules. Every teacher and parent who has ever admonished a child for his or her inability to sit still (hey, isn't that all of us!) will want to read this one, and I doubt that there will be a shortage of interest from the kids themselves. If I've ever met a kid disguised as an adult, it's Sarah. Check out her Ben books too. In fact, while you're at it, check out everything she's written.

A refreshing cup of tea and a half hour with a favourite picture book, and it's already time to get back to the tax grind. I will keep my eyes only on the papers in front of me. I will keep my eyes on these papers. I will. I will. Don't you dare look up at that book shelf, Sheryl. Don't you dare. Sheryl...Sheryl! Oops...too late.

No comments: