Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How to Talk to Girls by Alec Greven

I know, I know. It's been months since I've posted. But then, I have such good excuses; a trip to Oregon, 2 months in Europe, Xmas, a poetry course, the novel I'm still working on (yep, the same one!), travel for work, and I confess, a case of blogger burn-out. But, now I'm back in the saddle, so here goes.

My latest find isn't exactly news, but I'm really enjoying it. It' called How to Talk to Girls by Alec Greven. With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I'm thinking Alec has a few words of wisdom for boys in need of a little love advice. The guide is short, to the point, and easy to follow. For example, Alec advises "move on" if a girl you like ditches you. His wisdom doesn't stop there though. "You also have to be aware that girls win most of the arguments and have most of the power." He goes on to suggest that life will be easier guys if you learn that now! Wise well beyond his nine years, Alec has already figured out that "if you try for too many girls, you will have jealousy issues and might end up with nobody." Alec has advice on starting converstations with girls, what to do if you are shy, how to dress to impress, and even what not to do if you are successful in getting a girl and you want to keep her.

So, if you're looking for a valentine for a boy you like, this little gem just might be the ticket. At $9.99 US and $10.99 Canadian, it's a steal. Be careful though; Alec Greven may just steal your heart, and even for a book lover, that's one big ticket item. Sheryl

No comments: