Friday, June 23, 2006

Catching up after a writing retreat. More reviews coming soon...


I've just come back from a writing retreat where 7 children's writers spent day and night workshoping new and old pieces. So stimulating and so exhausting. I've been back a few days but have been working day and night to get the edit on my new novel finished. They've actually already formatted the first 50 pages into book form. Ithas b een exhausting--hence no reviews for a while, as I haven't even been reading the newspaper much less new books, although I can say that you should definately watch for Ainsley Manson's upcoming book on Rick Hansen (the wheelchair athlete that wheeled around the world quite a few years back. So good...) I did want to post the cover for my new novel though, which I adore. Unfortuately, I can't figure how as it came to me in a PDF file, which blogger doesn't seem to upload. Once I figure out how to do it, I'll post it. In the meantime, I may have a little reading/reviewing time coming up, before another picture book edit starts next week, although I really should get back to work on that mystery novel which I spent the last week workshoping...but it is sunny outside, and my garden has been sadly neglected lately...

No comments: