Tuesday, June 08, 2010

a belated Newbery & Caldecott announcement

While I was flipping through the NY Times Book Review to catch up, (yes, time seems to have slipped away on me again) I caught an article announcing the Newbery and Cadecott Awards and realized that I hadn't even posted the winners.  So here they are:

2010 Newbery When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead, which I have at the top of my pile because people have been raving about it long before it won.  In fact, my agent recently posted on this and she was ga ga over it.  Note to self.  Work harder so that she'll rave about me that way...

2010 Caldecott The Lion and the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney which is a totally gorgeous and almost wordless retelling of the classic Aesop's fable set on the Serengeti plains.  Although I love this one, I must admit that I was rooting for All the World, by Liz Garton Scanlon and illustrated by Marla Frazee.


Of course there are lots of other ALA awards besides these two, so check them out.

No comments: