Thursday, July 27, 2006

Yeah Ms. Fizzle

It's hard to believe, but the fictional Ms. Frizzle is celebrating her 20th year of science field trips in The Magic School Bus. Oh how my kids loved those books and as a former elementary school science teacher, how I loved them too. The book was so popular that it even became a TV series supported by the National Science Foundation. I totally loved Lily Tomlin as Ms. Frizzle —Usually I'm not a fan of books turned into movies or TV shows, but I this one scored high in our house. It's hard to believe that 131 titles of this fabulous series by Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen have been created. Even more fabulous is that more than 58 million copies have been sold. Congratulations to Cole and Degen! Here's hoping for another 20 more years of kids reading and riding The Magic School Bus. Here is one was one of my favorites. Check it out, or look for one of the many other titles covering a myriad of science topics. I'm sure you'll fall in love with both science and Ms. Frizzle.

No comments: