Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I had my computer guy over who helped me put my new book cover in a format that I could post, so check it out.

Ok, so it's been a while since I've blogged, mainly because I am either writing, gardening, or reading mysteries. I have read two Donna Leon books recently. The latest was Through a Glass, Darkly. It's another Commissario Guido Brunetti mystery, which is set in Venice. I love them, and since I have one more waiting in the wings, and then I have a Sara Paretsky which I had started but dumped in favour of Leon, so I'll go back to it when I'm all Veniced out. I think I'll try and read some Norah McClintock after that if I'm not totally fed up with mysteries as she's fairly well regarded in the teen mystery field and mysteries are perfect for light summer reading.

On the kids news front, this year Queen Elizabeth celebrated kids books by inviting a bunch of kids authors of note: Michael Morpurgo, J.K. Rowling, Philip Pullman, Shirley Hughes, and pretty much anyone who is anyone in the kids' book field for a huge celebration recently. I think it's cool that the Queen has enough insight to figure out that reading is worth encouraging. So, I'm wondering why other political (or royal) types have yet to figure this one out yet?

All for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new cover, Sheryl!!! The colours are very eye-catching! :D

Anonymous said...

Sheryl,

I also love the cover for your new book! When will it be out? What's about? Shall we grab a pint of stout? While we're out and about?

readingkidsbooks said...

Hey Kim and Maggie. Glad you like it. And if you make it out west again Kim, definately.