Monday, May 15, 2006

Check out School Library Journal for this interesting article

Every time I visit School Library Journal, I find something interesting. Yesterday I found an article about cross-over books. Librarians, especially those with limited budgets have real challenges regarding books that could go either into the teen or the children's section. Of course if a librarian has enough money, they can buy two copies and put one in each section, but if they don't...what to do? I have had this discussion with my daughter as well as other booksellers too. Kids often read up, but teens don't like to read down. The article talks about Criss Cross, an award -winning cross-over book among others. As an author, makes you stop and think about how your books get handled after the fact. Have a look at the article. It's definately worth it. http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/article/CA6330769.html.

No comments: